CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 12, 2008

entering the world of blogging with fear and trepidation... and many disclaimers

Getting started must be the worse part of writing a blog....right? Tell me it is....or I will never make it to the place where I hit the 'Publish Post' button on here.

So far this blank, foreign-looking template thingy has challenged me to the point of discouragement. It has been type, type, type.....backspace ..... contemplate, contemplate ....type .... (sigh) .... backspace .... (sigh/whimper) .... GIVE UP.... CANCEL.

My first attempt at a post ended up with me creating another blog title....or something....somehow....who knows!! My very talented blogging daughters-in-law commented on me having two blogs but nothing on them.

It's not my age; tell me it's not my age!! I can learn new tricks, I can learn new tricks.

What is my reason for wanting to be a blogger? Hmmmmm? To prove I can do it? Maybe. To post pictures of my family and our fun times together? Yes. To publicly write my thoughts on the faithfulness of God in our lives? Yes.

I think I can; I think I can. I hope I can. We will see.


10 comments:

Jodi said...

Yipee! A blog by Sherilyn...I was checking...just checking on a whim, and much to my delight you posted!
Getting started is the worse part. I am constantly learning new things...new ways to do things in blogdom.
I have utter faith in your abilities to be a blogger. You CAN do it!
Love, Jodi

Tucker's Family said...

Yay!! Someone read and commented on my post -- I must have done something right!! You have given me hope!!

Now I need you to tell me how to post my favorite people's blogs...so others can enjoy them!!!

Michele said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! It is at times frustrating but mostly rewarding. Especially when long lost friends see your blog and then comment! I will never forget the influence you and your husband had on my life. Looking forward to getting reacquainted with you!

Theresa said...

The sky is falling!!!! Sherilyn has entered the world of blogging!!
Welcome my friend.
You will enjoy it more as you go along. There are days, and yes I have deleted everything before too.
Good to hear from you. I really like your site. Hope to see you in June, if everything works out.
Later...

Anonymous said...

WHOOAAA!! You actually did it! I'm so proud of you!! :) Now, start posting pictures! And not just Tucker wearing various articles of Bill's apparrel!!! Love you bunches! Hope you have a good day!

Anonymous said...

For Tucker's profile pictures, did you have him posing on a stool???

Theresa said...

Where oh where is Sherilyn?????

Sara said...

Yay! Soon you will be saying "I thought I could, I thought, I could!" Just like the little blue engine. In a week or two you will have so much to blog about with a certain crazy little lady there... hope to see more SOON!

Dorothy Bowen Klass said...

Hi, Sher,
Glad you are braving the fear of technology!!! I knew you could do it!
Hope you will post more often and we can be "blogging buddies"!!
Love,
Chay

Ada Budensiek said...

My dear, dear friend Sherilyn,
I was informed you had a blog. I love you and miss you-my wonderful friend. Reading your words made me smile...I felt like we were sipping coffee at 251 South Beach and you were chatting away (lots of smiles and happy thoughts)!!!! I can't believe how we squeezed coffee in between our long hours of very hard and strenuous work:) We talk of you often...Carey and I were just reminiscing the other day of the one party you and I had for her that we had everything miniature- I think it was your idea, and so much fun...My memory is foggy, but I'm almost certain our food was not miniature or it would not have been a good party!!! Mrs. R is doing amazingly well!! -Love you so much
Blessings and Hugs!!!!
Ada

-I'm not on facebook anymore(since last June) so maybe we can chat on here